Phone 0845 606 6145 or email info@singlemaltsdirect.com

Buy Tobermory Online

Tobermory is located on the isle of Mull, the third largest of the Hebridian isles and the easiest to reach from the mainland. The distillery was built in the town of Tobermory by John Sinclair and originally called Ledaig distillery. Dating back to 1798, the distillery has passed through many hands in its history, and in 1930 it was even used as a power station. In 1975, The Ledaig Distillery Company filed for bankruptcy and the distillery was closed, but in 1979 a property company bought the distillery and the Tobermory distillery company was born. It went through a substantial upgrade in the 1990’s and upped its spirit output.

Distillery: Tobermory
Region: Island (Mull)
Established: 1798
Status: Active
Proprietor: Burn Stewart Distillers (Distell)
Stills: 2 wash stills, 2 spirit stills
Capacity: 1,000,000 litres of alcohol per year
Water Source: Mishnish Loch

Open To Visitors: open all year; Mon-Fri 10:00-17:00
Facilities: Visitor Centre, Audio-Visual Show, Shop

Contact: Tobermory Distillery
Isle of Mull
Argyllshire
PA75 6NR

http://www.tobermorymalt.com/


Our site uses cookies to
enable some features.