Buy Tamdhu OnlineTamdhu was established in 1897 by the Tamdhu Distillery Company Ltd. The distillery was then sold to the Highland Distillers & Co Ltd only 2 years later. The distillery was closed from 1927 until 1948. Saladin maltings where added in 1950 and the number of stills was doubled from 2 to 4 in 1972. In 1975 the number of stills was increased again to 6. The Tamdhu distillery still produces its own malt using a Saladin box. The majority of the malt produced at Tamdhu is used in blends such as The Famous Grouse, Cutty Sark and J&B.
Proprietor: Ian MacLeod Distillers
Stills: 3 wash stills, 3 spirit stills
Capacity: 4,500,000 litre of alcohol per year
Water Source: Tamdhu Springs
Open To Visitors: Tours by appointment
Facilities: Visitor centre
Contact: Tamdhu Distillery