Phone 0845 606 6145 or email

Buy St. Magdalene Online

The St Magdalene distillery was built at the eastern end of the town of Linlithgow in 1790 on the site of an old leper colony, which dated back to the 12th century. The distillery was originally called Linlithgow. The distillery was built near the Union Canal, which made it easy to transport the whisky. St Magdalene was owned by Adam Dawson, one of the first to apply for a legal distilling licence. DCL (which later became UDV, after merging with Guinness) bought the distillery in 1912, and closed it permanently in 1983. Sadly the distillery building was sold for property development has been converted into flats. The buildings character has been preserved, the pagoda roofs are still present today.

Distillery: St. Magdalene
Region: Lowland
Established: 1795
Status: Closed (1983)
Stills: 2 wash stills, 2 spirit stills
Water Source: Private well

Open To Visitors: No

Contact : St. Magdalene Distillery
West Lothian
EH49 6AQ

Our site uses cookies to
enable some features.