Phone 0845 606 6145 or email info@singlemaltsdirect.com

Buy Dallas Dhu Online

Dallas Dhu was built as 'Dallasmore' in 1898 by Alexander Edward. The distillery (the original name 'Dai leas dubh' translates as 'black water valley') is located in the far west of Speyside, near Forres. Some accounts list the Gaelic name of Dallas Dhu as 'Dalais Dubh'. It was one of the distilleries designed by architect Charles Doig. Benromach is the closest neighbour of Dallas Dhu. The distillery changed hands a few times until it was finally closed in 1983 under the ownership of DCL. Warehousing continued on the premises the license was cancelled in 1992. Even though Dallas Dhu doesn't operate anymore, it was reopened to the public in 1988 as a non-working distillery museum by Historic Scotland.

Distillery: Dallas Dhu
Region: Speyside
Established: 1898
Status: Closed (1983)
Proprietor: Historic Scotland
Stills: 1 wash still, 1 spirit still
Capacity:

Open To Visitors: Yes. The Premises is now a Museum of distilling

Contact: Dallas Dhu Distillery
Mannachie Road
Forres
Morayshire
Facilities: Museum of distilling
Water Source: Scourie Burn

http://www.dallasdhu.com/

Our site uses cookies to
enable some features.