Buy Caperdonich OnlineCaperdonich was built in 1897 by James Grant and was originally called Glen Grant Number Two. It closed in 1902 after the Pattison Crash and did not open for another 63 years. In 1965, according to the law at the time two distilleries could not bear the same name so the distilleries name was changed to Caperdonich, after the aperdonich spring from where it takes its water. Glen Grant and Caperdonich where originally connected by a pipe high above the road which was known locally as the “whisky pipe”. The distillery was rebuilt and two more stills where added in 1967. Pernod Ricard acquired Caperdonich in 2001, and went on to mothball.
Status: Closed (2002) Demolished (2011)
Proprietor: Pernod Ricard (Chivas Brothers)
Stills: 2 wash stills, 2 spirit stills
£1,312.50 ex VAT
£1,575.00 inc VAT
The Duncan Taylor tantalus range brings together the most sought after vintages from some of Scotland's rarest distilleries. Each whisky is beautifully packaged