Buy Bladnoch OnlineThomas McClelland built Bladnoch distillery in 1817. It was originally attached to a farm and used the local barley. It was rebuilt in 1871 and was extended in 1966. It was mothballed for a long period from the early 1980’s to the late 1990’s, until 2000 when it was bought by Raymond Armstrong and went into production again. Water is drawn from the nearby River Bladnoch and is used for production and cooling. In the pastures around the distillery can be found the regional breed of black-faced sheep, the Belted Galloway, which is the emblem on the Bladnoch bottle.
Proprietor: Co-ordinated Development Services
Stills: 2 wash stills, 2 spirit stills
Capacity: 250,000 litres of alcohol per year
Open To Visitors: Open all year (apart from two weeks over Christmas); Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00
Contact: Bladnoch Distillery
Facilities: Shop, Recreation area, DVD and Ceilidh room, Whisky school
Water Source: River Bladnoch