Buy Benriach OnlineBenriach was founded in 1898 by John Duff, who also had founded Longmorn distillery next door. The clarity of the water and access to the Great North of Scotland Railway prompted the decision for the location. The distillery closed in 1900 after just two years of production, following the Pattison Crash and it remained silent until 1965, except for its floor maltings, which continued to supply Longmorn distillery through out the period of closure. The floor maltings were closed in 1999 after 101 years in production, although they remain in good working order and could be used again. It ceased production in 2002, but was bought in 2004 by a private group who commenced production once again.
Proprietor: Benriach Distillery Company
Stills: 2 wash stills, 2 spirit stills
Capacity: 2,800,000 litres
Open To Visitors: By appointment
Contact: The Benriach Distillery
Water Source: Burnside Springs