Glenburgie distillery was established in 1810, it was originally know as Kinflat. The distillery lies between Elgin and Forres. Hiram Walker bought the distillery in 1936 and added two Lomond stills...
Glenburgie distillery was established in 1810, it was originally know as Kinflat. The distillery lies between Elgin and Forres. Hiram Walker bought the distillery in 1936 and added two Lomond stills in 1958 to produce Glen Craig. The floor maltings also ceased at this time. The Lomond stills were replaced with conventional stills in 1981. A major refurbishment and reconstruction in 2004 saw the old distillery demolished and a modern one built in its place, although the copper stills and milling equipment were kept. Two more stills were added in 2006 bringing the total up to six. The official bottlings of Glenburgie have been limited, with a 15 year old released several years ago and has been hard to find recently. There have been some Independent bottlings through Duncan Taylor and Gordon & MacPhail.
|Established:||1810 as Kinflat. Re-opened as Glenburgie in 1878|| |
|Proprietor||Pernod Ricard (Chivas Brothers)|
|Stills:||2 wash stills, 2 spirit stills|| |
|2,800,000 litres of alcohol per year.|
|Open To Visitors:||No ||Contact :||Glenburgie Distillery |
|Water Source:||Springs on Burghie Hill|