Buy Teaninich OnlineTeaninich was built in 1817 in Alness, north of Inverness. It was built by Captain Hugh Munro, who also owned the Teaninich estate at that time. A one time owner was the infamous Robert Pattison was leased Teaninich in 1850. A new stillhouse with six stills was built in 1971 and it was known as Side A while the old stillhouse was known as Side B. They produced together harmoniously until 1984 when Side B was mothballed and then Side A one-year later. Side A was opened up again in 1992 but Side B never did open again and was demolished in 1999. The malt whisky produced by Teaninich has been one of the main components used in the Johnnie Walker blend.
Stills: 3 wash stills, 3 spirit stills
Capacity: 4,000,000 litres of alcohol per year
Water Source: Dairywell Spring
Open To Visitors: Tours by appointment only
Contact: Teaninich Distillery