Aultmore distillery was founded in 1896 by Alexander Edward, the then owner of Benrinnes and co-founder of Craigellachie distillery. Aultmore is Gaelic for the “big burn”. The distillery is...
Aultmore distillery was founded in 1896 by Alexander Edward, the then owner of Benrinnes and co-founder of Craigellachie distillery. Aultmore is Gaelic for the “big burn”. The distillery is located on land rich in peat with numerous springs, which was once a favoured spot for illicit distilling, but its connection with the great North of Scotland Railway was the main reason for the choice of site. The distillery was bought by John Dewar & Sons for £20 000 in 1920, a small sum compared to the price Diageo sold it for. The floor maltings were closed in 1968 and Aultmore was rebuilt and expanded in 1971. Since 1898 the distillery had been powered by a steam engine but it was decommissioned in 1969 and now sits in the entrance hall as a feature of that time.
|Proprietor||Bacardi (John Dewar and Sons)|
|Stills:||2 wash stills, 2 spirit stills|| |
|2,100,000 litres of alcohol per year|
|Open To Visitors:||Tours by appointment only ||Contact :||Aultmore Distillery |
|Water Source:||Auchinderran Burn|
43.0%14 year oldExcl. Tax:
£30.42 Incl. Tax:
46%14 year oldExcl. Tax:
£50.00 Incl. Tax:
£23.33 Incl. Tax: